Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Earthquake!!!

In the middle of the night, at around 4.30am, all alone, I walked out of my room to investigate the source of the loud noises. The moment I stepped into the living room, I felt the vibration! It's so scary!!! Earthquake? The floor tiles cracked!!! I panicked!!! The sound of the tiles cracking was extremely loud and frightening!!! It lasted for about 2 hours.. =~~~~~~

At 8.30am sharp, I called HDB and asked for immediate attention to this issue. The staff came to inspect the dislodged tiles and will carry out the repair soon. I asked for an explanation and the reason they gave was "due to thermal expansion and contraction of the tiles". The repair involves hacking of the entire flooring in the living room and replacing it with new tiles. This spells trouble and inconvenience to me!!! ARGH!!! I have to think of ways to move all the furnitures in the living room to the other bedrooms! AWW! I am already very occupied every day even though this is my holiday. Do you have to add on more to my busy schedule?

This is so sad! *sob*



They will start the repair from 18th December onwards. I will be monitoring the progress of the repair. However... there's a problem... The repair will take 7 days (excluding weekends)!!!! Gosh!

I need to make arrangement with my family members so that I can still go ahead with my plans - chalet with the kids from 22nd to 24th December.

No comments: